Significance of Hindu Puja Vessels
The Hindu ritual of worshipping a deity is an elaborate process. The Puja (or Pooja), as it is called, is a holy ceremony, that is conducted by a Priest (pundit) or by a senior household members themselves, with several Puja items (Samagri ). These items are steeped in significance, and are, hence, acquired with devotion and religious fervor. Hindu Puja Vessels play an important part in any religious and spiritual place where offerings are performed for Gods and Goddesses. No prayer or other religious offering can be complete without proper prayer vessels such as bowls, lamps, puja thali, Kalash etc.
Hindu Puja Vessels
As per our religious books and sages, one should take the path of devotion as worship to The Lord. This devotion has an essential part of worship which is called 'ritualistic worship' of deities or 'puja'. Each and every religious ritual or worship, however big or small, consists of various components. Each component has its own significance and each of these components have their own special design, i.e. the shape, height and dimensions are fixed or unique. It is important that our Puja room be Sattvik (full of positive energy). In order to get the 'grace' of deities with the help of puja, few puja vessels are must to be involved like puja platter (tashtari), lamp (diya), abishek vessel, bell (ghanti), arti deep and conch (shankh) etc.
Common Puja Vessels for Deity Puja
Chakra Yog offers quality Hindu Puja Vessels made in pure brass, silver or copper. Most widely used prayer vessels are as follow:
- • Abhishek vessel: It is one of the most important prayer vessels. It is used for bathing ceremony of deities and should be made from pure metals like brass, copper or silver. We offer wide range of abhishek vessels like Nandi abhishek vessel, copper abhishek pot with stand and plate, pure silver abhihshek pot with stand.
- • Oil lamps: They are used for lighting of diya. Oil lamps are lit for knowledge, prosperity and wealth. Many of these have beautiful artistic work, authentic designs, and are made out of pure brass, silver and copper material. Some of unique oil lamps are Kurma oil lamp, Kamakshi oil lamp, Tortoise lamp holder, peacock oil lamp, Elephant diya Shank diya in brass.
- • Puja Thali: This is the tray on which all the Puja items are placed. It can be made from copper, silver or brass.
- • Kalash: It is considered as a propitious object in Hinduism. Kalash is a Puja pot normally used to fill up water, crowned with circlet of mango leaves and/or coconut. The shape of these Kalash pots depends on their purpose. At Chakra Yog, we have variety of Puja pots such as Kalash in silver, Karva Chauth kalash, decorative kalash and kalash in silver or copper.
- • Bell: The bell is used for invoking the Gods. It also produces an auspicious sound. Moreover, it helps drown any inauspicious or irrelevant noises.
- • Prayer Altars: These are hand crafted Puja temples. They are made in pure teak wood and should be designed purposefully. Traditional altar has handmade carvings, has a drawer at bottom to keep incense sticks.
- • Charanamrit set: Charanamrit is Holy Nectar from the feet of the Lord (the deity). It is made of ghee, Gangajal, curd, honey, and tulsi leaves. The charanamrit set contains the holy nectar in a bowl along with a spoon, so that a spoonful can be consumed as part of God’s blessings.
- All puja vessels must be made from specific metals that have a quality to absorb and transmit the positive energy (called "Sattvikta") that gets emitted from the ritual. There are subtle frequencies of deities present in the atmosphere and these tools of puja or ritualistic worship are an excellent medium of receiving and transferring them to the worshipper. At Chakra Yog, we bring to you the highest quality Puja Bartan like offering bowls, abhishek vessels, lamps, thalis, incense stands, bells, kalash, havan kund, pedestals and other Puja vessels in Copper, Silver, Punchdhatu and other traditional paraphenalia for all your Puja needs.